Table setting I liked from a summer cooking dinner party
For starters, don't try to make any connection between the photos in this post and the content. Because it's illegal and unethical to use other bloggers' photos to highlight their post here, and because I just don't have the bandwidth to go asking for permission from everyone, I'll just stick in some photos I have on hand to break up the text.
Fall harvest from Monroe Farms
So without any further delay, here are some of my favorite recent recipe posts from other foodies:
- Gorgeous photos and recipe for the spookiest looking candied apples for Halloween from Matt Bites
- A spicy vegetarian chili from Elise at Simply Recipes - this probably appeals to me because I'm a judge for a neighborhood chili cook-off this afternoon (along with Claudine Pepin (Jacques' daughter) and Nicola Frost (Food Network producer)
- Roasted garlic and new potatoes from Ree at The Pioneer Woman - you can either mix the roasted garlic in with the potatoes or use it as a decadent spread on toast
- Roasted butternut squash with Gorgonzola and fried sage from Kevin at Closet Cooking - part of his Canadian Thanksgiving roundup that I simply must try
- Jalapeno cheddar scones from Deb at Smitten Kitchen - you know I'm not really a baker, but I am definitely making these - maybe as a gift for my friend who is going to have surgery Bouquet garni - herbs and spices in cheesecloth to flavor soups and stews
- Still Tasty - Your Ultimate Shelf Life Guide - Save Money, Eat Better, Help The Environment - this great site is jam packed with everything you've ever wanted to know about how long things last and how to store them correctly.
- Chow has a running list of The Perfect... - things like the perfect fried chicken, or the perfect pesto, or the perfect martini
- Mark Bittman from the NY Times makes the point that the fact that fast food is fast isn't what makes it bad
- Open Table is an online reservation system that has tons of restaurants listed for cities like Denver and I'm always surprised more people don't know about it - you get "dining dollars" for using it, it's fast, and it's free
Have a great weekend!